Stonington Farmers Market vendors Michael, Michele, and
Jasper of El El Frijoles restaurant have some news to share about an event benefiting Peninsula Metamorphic Arts & Learning. Here’s the memo:
I ask you: What could be better than a romantic night out that includes great food, a little bit of socializing, some exercise and the chance to go parking on the way home? Well, have we got an event for you!
EL EL FRIJOLES, Mexican Food along with the good folks at Peninsula Metamorphic Arts and Learning are proud to announce our very first Salsa Night to be held Saturday January 15th at PMAL’s Li’l red event center in Blue Hill. Here is an opportunity to share some of the best food around, learn a new skill set, and get in some good cardio all in one enchanted evening.
We’ll start with some light mingling around the snack table, where you will nosh on our world famous chips & salsa, guacamole and our new chipotle roasted Oaxacan chili peanuts. Later, we’ll sit down to a nice candle-lit dinner starting with a ceviche of local scallops on some crispy greens, followed by a savory plato of 3-cheese enchiladas served with Horsepower Farm’s organic black beans, Mexican rice and some tasty braised greens. After dinner, you will be treated to some invigorating Mexican coffee and a few Mexican wedding cookies and a special Tres Leche cupcake to get you fueled up for your dance lesson.
We will then have a brief, professionally facilitated Salsa lesson that will get those of us who are sans clue up to speed, and a little touch up for those with some experience who may be a little rusty. Then we will have a couple hours of fantastic music, a wonderful space in which to cut a rug and the pleasant glow of each other’s company to dance the night away.
Good food, good company, and you’ll get home before the wood stove goes out! So grab your partner, and book your babysitter and call us here at EL El FRIJOLES World Headquarters (207.359.2486) and make your reservation today. Space is limited for this event, and we anticipate it selling out rather quickly. Don’t disappoint your partner, be a Hero and make the call right away! While your at it, tell your friends, we don’t yet have everyone in Eastern Maine on our mailing list.
As always, thank you So much for your support, we can’t wait to see y’all there!
-Michael, Michele and Jasper
- Event starts at 5:30, Saturday January 15th
- Location is the PMAL Center, located at 139 Mines Road, in Blue Hill (1/8 Mile South of Marlintini’s & Rhoads). Their phone number is 374-5255
- Cost is $35 per person, which includes appetizers, dinner, dessert, Salsa lesson and 2 hours of open dancing to some kickin’ jams
- This is a BYOB event, so bring a few beers or a nice bottle of wine to have with dinner if you wish
- Reservations must be made in advance by calling us at 359-2486
- contact us if you have any special dietary requirements, we can be very flexible!
- We’ll accept cash, checks or credit cards (Visa/MC/ATM)