Tuesday, February 9th
4:30 – 5:30 PM
Penobscot East Resource Center
Atlantic Ave, Stonington
The second meeting of this community wide effort to tackle trash issues for Deer Isle-Stonington is tonight! This is your chance to share thoughts on specific issues to address, help come up with potential solutions, and to begin working on a plan for a large scale Littering Campaign.
- If you complain about all the trash you see when you drive around or walk on a beach/island – please come.
- If you pick up trash when you go out for a walk – please come.
- If you are a business owner/manager – please come.
- If your livelihood is based on the water, on tourism, on the health and beauty of this place – please come.
- If you are a student, a parent, a grandparent – please come.
- If you love Deer Isle and Stonington – then we need you to make this happen! So please come.
- And lastly, if you have a wicked good sense of humor – please come, we want to make this campaign fun (and effective)!
Litter effects not only the visual beauty, but it is affecting the health of our waters and our soils – we need YOU to make this campaign successful!
If you can’t make it to this meeting, but you are interested in being involved, email email@example.com
* if you are unable to come but know of good examples of littering campaigns in small communities that have worked – do share!
Here are the notes from January’s meeting.